Integrate Oracle ERP fusion with oracle hyperion planning and budgeting
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) is focusing on capturing the transactional data to reflect the economic operational condition of the organization. and it now expanded into Human Capital Management, supply chain management, Customer relationship management, and E-commerce. ERP systems were supporting the main tasks of Chief Financial Officers. Today, many capabilities like budgeting and forecasting, enterprise financial consolidations, profitability and cost management, strategy formulation, analytics, and reporting were inadequate in the enterprise resources planning to meet todays demands. that’s why Azdan consultants will help you to achieve a fast, accurate and seamless integration between enterprise performance management and enterprise resources planning using the following easy steps.
1. Create Source System
First important thing you need to know is when you initialize the source system in data management, the system creates instantly an Essbase ASO cube for Fusion Financials (GL) under Target Application in the same name of Ledger (with no spaces), for example, if the name of your Fusion application is “XYZ Ledger”, the application will be “XYZLedger”.
• From your Planning Instance Open Data Management > Setup tab > Application Settings In Log Level field, enter 5 >Save
• Under Register section, select Source System > Add, Enter Source System Name (preferred to be with no spaces). For Source System Type, select Fusion Financials Cloud.
• Click Save
• Select your application then click, Configure Source Connection.
• Enter User Name and Password and in the URL replace “server”, with your fusion URL till .com only. The URL syntax should be like this https://xxxx.fin.em2.oraclecloud.com/publicFinancialCommonErpIntegration/ErpIntegrationService?WSDL
Note: After the identity domain it should be fin not fs and https not http
• Click Test Connection and ensure its successfully > OK > Configure
• Select Source System > Initialize
• The system creates a Target Application (ASO Essbase).
• Monitor the process in the Workflow tap > Process Detail > Click Refresh till you see the green check mark
• After completion, navigate to Target Application and check out your application with type “Essbase”
2. Create Target Application
• Navigate to Target Application > Click Add > Cloud. Enter the required parameters for your EPM Cloud application.
• Click Refresh Members and Refresh Metadata.
• In the down section “Application Details”, configure your application dimensions.
• For Target Dimension Class in custom dimensions, select all “Generic” For Data Table Column Name, Enter values starting from UD2, UD3 …
• Click Save.
3. Create Import Format
• Navigate to Import Format > click Add.
• Enter Name for the import format.
• For Source, select the target Essbase application which created during the initialize process “XYZLedger”.
Note: You will not find the Source System which created firstly, instead you will select the Target Essbase Application “XYZLedger”
• For Target, select target Planning Application.
• Click Save.
• Create Mappings in the bottom section.
Note: The system creates default mapping, review it, and no need to create mappings for all dimensions
• Don’t forget to click Save
4. Create Location
• Create location to link the import format with data load mapping and data load rule.
• Click Add >Enter required parameters.
• For Functional Currency, enter the currency code, for example “USD”.
• Click Save
5. Create Data Load Mapping
• Back to Workflow tab, then select Data Load Mapping You have to create mapping for all dimensions which are valid for the target cube and all for all members.
• This URL from Oracle is helpful:
Note: Don’t forget to select the desired location before creating the mapping
6. Create Data Load Rule
• Click on Data Load Rule > Add.
• In the Details section, enter name for the rule and for Target Plan Type, select the target cube.
• For Source Filter section, create your filters.
Note: There are automatic filters created by default, review them for all dimensions, preferred to create two Load Rules, one for Income Statement data and the other one for balance sheet data and separate them by Balance Amount and Amount Type.
• Save> Execute> Enjoy 😉